With rising temperatures, you will depend increasingly on your air conditioner to ensure a pleasant indoor environment. However, how do you know if your air conditioner is up to the task? Our HVAC contractors at Bruin’s Plumbing & Heating Ltd. can help you evaluate your air conditioner’s performance and give you the tools to make informed decisions about your home’s cooling system in Red Deer, Lacombe, Sylvan Lake, AB, and surrounding areas. That’s why we’ve created a grading system that ranges from A to F to help you determine your AC’s grade.
Factors To Consider When Grading Your Air Conditioner
To determine your air conditioner’s grade, we’ve created a list of factors to consider:
- Age: Consider an upgrade if your air conditioner is over ten years old. Older units are less efficient and more prone to breakdowns, which could lead to costly repairs. When you need an emergency AC repair in Red Deer, Lacombe, Sylvan Lake, AB, and surrounding areas, rely on our experts to get your air conditioning system back up and running.
- Energy Efficiency: Air conditioners are rated for energy efficiency using a SEER rating (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio). If your air conditioner has a SEER rating of 14 or lower, it may cost you more energy bills than necessary.
- Comfort: Are you consistently comfortable in your home? If you’re experiencing hot or cold spots or notice that your air conditioner isn’t meeting your desired temperature, it may be time to address the issue. Contact us for professional AC repair in Red Deer, Lacombe, Sylvan Lake, AB, and surrounding areas.
Air Conditioner Grading System
Now that you’ve considered the above factors, it’s time to determine your air conditioner’s grade. Our grading system ranges from A to F, with A being the best and F being the worst.
- A: Your air conditioner is in excellent condition, with a SEER rating of 16 or higher, regular maintenance, and no significant repairs or breakdowns in recent years. You’re experiencing consistent comfort in your home, and you can expect your air conditioner to operate efficiently for years.
- B: Your air conditioner is still in good condition, but it may be approaching the end of its lifespan. Your SEER rating is around 14, and you’ve had some minor repairs in recent years. Regular maintenance is crucial to keep your air conditioner running smoothly and avoid costly repairs.
- C: Your air conditioner shows signs of wear and tear, with a SEER rating of 12 or lower, and more frequent repairs are needed. While it’s still operating, it may be time to consider an upgrade to a more energy-efficient and reliable system.
- D: Your air conditioner is probably winding down with a SEER rating of 10 or lower with frequent breakdowns. It’s likely costing you more in repairs and energy bills than it’s worth, and it may be time to invest in a new system.
- F: Your air conditioner has reached the end of its lifespan and is no longer operational. It’s crucial to consider a replacement as soon as possible to ensure consistent comfort and avoid costly AC repairs.
At Bruin’s Plumbing & Heating Ltd, we want to help you achieve an A-grade air conditioner. If you’re experiencing any issues with your air conditioner or want to upgrade to a more efficient system, contact us for reliable AC repair or replacement in Red Deer, Lacombe, Sylvan Lake, AB, and surrounding areas. We’re committed to helping you make informed decisions about your home’s cooling system and will work with you every step of the way. Contact us today to learn more!