Water Heaters In Lacombe, Red Deer, Sylvan Lake, AB
For decades, water heaters have been an essential part of households throughout Lacombe, Red Deer, Sylvan Lake, AB and surrounding areas. Whether relying on electric heaters or more traditional gas-powered units, these systems play a critical role in providing hot water for everyday life. Knowing what options exist, how to install them, and how to maintain them is essential for taking advantage of this technology. That’s why so many Lacombe area homeowners trust Bruin’s Plumbing & Heating, Ltd. to ensure their water heaters are always operating at maximum efficiency. Depend on us and schedule your service appointment today!
Energy-Saving Tips for Water Heaters
1. Temperature Moderation: Did you know that reducing your water heater’s temperature setting to around 120°F (49°C) can lead to substantial energy savings? Not only will this conserve energy, but it also helps prevent scalding accidents.
2. Insulation Magic: Wrap your water heater in an insulating jacket or blanket, especially if it’s an older model. This minimizes heat loss and allows your water heater to work less to maintain the desired temperature.
3. Consistent Maintenance: Give your water heater some love with regular maintenance. Annually, flushing the tank removes sediment buildup, enhancing efficiency and extending its lifespan. Our experts at Bruin’s Plumbing & Heating, Ltd. are just a call away for professional servicing.
4. Embrace the Off-Peak Hours: Many energy providers offer reduced rates during off-peak hours. Consider running your dishwasher and doing laundry when energy demand is lower, lightening the load on your water heater during peak times.
Signs It's Time for a Replacement
1. Inconsistent Water Temperature: If your once-consistent hot water supply has turned into a guessing game of temperature fluctuations, it might be time to bid farewell to your old water heater.
2. Rust and Corrosion: Inspect your water heater regularly for signs of rust or corrosion, especially around fittings, valves, and the tank itself. Rust compromises the integrity of the system and can lead to leaks.
3. Unwanted Noise: Is your water heater starting to sound like a symphony of clanks and groans? These unsettling noises can indicate sediment buildup, which affects efficiency and can potentially damage the unit.
4. Age Matters: Most traditional tank water heaters have a lifespan of around 8 to 12 years. If yours is nearing or has surpassed this mark, it’s wise to start considering a replacement before it decides to retire unexpectedly.
5. Leaks and Puddles: The appearance of water around your water heater is never a good sign. Even minor leaks can worsen over time, leading to water damage and higher bills.
We Are Here to Help!
Keeping the water heater in your Lacombe, Red Deer, Sylvan Lake, AB and surrounding areas home running efficiently is a great way to enjoy hot water without worrying about the cost. With these few simple tips and the help of the experts at Bruin’s Plumbing & Heating, Ltd., you can make sure your water heater stays in top condition for years to come. If you have noticed any of the signs we discussed, don’t wait — contact us today for an expert consultation to get your water heater back up and running quickly and safely.