Welcome to Bruin’s Plumbing & Heating, Ltd., your trusted source for exceptional plumbing services in Red Deer, Lacombe, Sylvan Lake, AB, and surrounding areas. We understand that plumbing issues can cause a great deal of inconvenience and stress in your daily life. That’s why we’re here to help you navigate the world of plumbing and provide you with valuable insights into the most common plumbing problems and how to avoid them.
So, whether you’re dealing with a minor leak or a major plumbing catastrophe, read on to discover the solutions you need to keep your plumbing system running smoothly. And remember, Bruin’s Plumbing & Heating, Ltd. is just a call away!
1. Dripping Faucets: Wasting Water And Money
A dripping faucet may seem like a minor annoyance, but it can lead to significant water wastage and higher utility bills. Here’s how to avoid this common plumbing problem:
- Replace worn-out washers: Dripping faucets are often caused by worn-out or damaged washers. Regularly replacing them can prevent leaks and maintain a watertight seal.
- Properly tighten fixtures: Loose faucet handles, or fixtures can cause leaks. Ensure all fixtures are properly tightened to prevent dripping.
- Avoid forcing handles: Forcing a tight or stuck handle can damage the faucet mechanism and lead to leaks. Use gentle pressure and seek professional assistance if needed.
2. Clogged Drains: Clearing The Way For Smooth Flow
Clogged drains can disrupt your daily routine. Here’s how to prevent them:
- Use drain covers: Place drain covers or strainers in sinks, showers, and tubs to prevent debris, hair, and small objects from entering and causing clogs.
- Avoid pouring grease and oil down the drain: Grease and oil solidify when cooled, leading to stubborn clogs. Dispose of them in a separate container instead.
- Regularly clean drains: Flush your drains with hot water regularly to prevent soap residue, hair, and debris buildup. Consider using a natural drain cleaner for more stubborn clogs, or contact our professional plumbers for assistance.
3. Running Toilets: Halt The Hiss And Save Water
A running toilet not only creates an annoying sound but can also waste a significant amount of water. Here’s how to address this issue:
- Check the flapper: The flapper, a rubber valve in the toilet tank, controls water flow. Adjust or replace it if it’s worn out or misaligned to stop the running water.
- Adjust the fill valve: If the water level in the tank is too high, it can trigger the overflow tube and cause a running toilet. Adjust the fill valve to ensure the water level is at the recommended mark.
- Seek professional assistance: If you’re unsure about the cause or unable to fix the running toilet, contact our experienced plumbers. We can quickly diagnose the issue and provide necessary repairs or replacements.
4. Leaky Pipes: Catch The Drips Before They Escalate
Leaky pipes can cause extensive water damage if left unattended. To avoid hazards associated with leaks, follow these steps:
- Regularly inspect visible pipes: Visually inspect exposed pipes for water stains, corrosion, or dampness. Address any concerns promptly to prevent further damage.
- Monitor water pressure: Excessive water pressure can strain your pipes and cause leaks. Install a pressure regulator if needed.
- Act on small leaks promptly: Even a small drip can indicate an underlying issue. Don’t ignore it. Contact Bruin’s Plumbing & Heating, Ltd. for professional assessment and repairs.
5. Water Heater Problems: Ensuring A Steady Supply
A malfunctioning water heater can disrupt your daily routine. Consider these preventive measures:
- Regular maintenance: Schedule routine maintenance for your water heater to ensure efficient operation and early detection of potential issues. Our professionals can perform thorough inspections and address concerns promptly.
- Flushing the tank: Over time, sediment and mineral deposits can accumulate in the tank, affecting performance. Regularly flushing the tank can remove these deposits and extend the lifespan of your water heater.
- Temperature adjustments: Set the water heater temperature appropriately to prevent scalding and strain on the system.
Get In Touch!
Remember, Bruin’s Plumbing & Heating, Ltd. is here to assist you with all your plumbing needs, from repairs and installations to routine maintenance. As the best plumbers in Lacombe, Red Deer, Sylvan Lake, AB, and surrounding areas, we take pride in delivering exceptional service and ensuring customer satisfaction. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our services and schedule an appointment. Let us be your trusted partner in keeping your plumbing system in excellent condition.